Have a look through this month’s TDSB French As a Second Language Advisory Committee newsletter. It includes info on free French summer school (!); summer camps in French; March Break TPL activities in French; and lots more. It’s worth a few minutes–find it here.
A big shout out to the two McGregor parents who prepared a spectacular meal for 60, yes, 60 teachers and staff at Staff Appreciation Day on Monday! Many thanks to Lex Taman, pastry chef, and Eric Hadley, banquet chef at the Broadview Hotel. Here’s the menu below. Doesn’t it look amazing??
Chicken Souvlaki with Gremolata,
Chicken, yoghurt, parsley, lemon, olive oil
Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini, Capers and Pomegranate,
peppers, cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta, lettuce
with a lemon and oregano vinaigrette
parsley, quinoa, tomato, red onion, lemon
hummus, tzatziki, toum
Donut, honey, cinnamon
As promised in our mid-year update, the PSC is aiming to publish timely summaries of meetings for those of us who can’t attend. Topics include technology, Michael Garron Hospital construction, supply teacher availability, and our year-end event. Have a look through:
Here’s a document that’s worth spending some time with, especially if you haven’t been able to attend PSC meetings this year. It’s our PSC update–all about what we’ve accomplished to date this year, and what we still have ahead of us. Have a look, and let us know what you think: here in the comments, on Facebook or Twitter, in person, through your class parent, or at email@example.com.
A message from our Movie Night Committee:
Movie Nights at R.H. McGregor have been a longstanding tradition and a wonderful way to bring the community together to raise funds for our school.
In order to ensure the safety of the children both at the movie and during the dismissal process, we are making some changes to the event to ensure everyone’s enjoyment and well-being. Specifically, all children will now need to be accompanied by a parent (or assigned caregiver) for the duration of the movie. Depending on the timing the community selects, this may include YMCA childcare providers.
With this change in mind, we want to provide the parent community with two options for hosting the upcoming movie night on Friday, March 2nd. Please indicate your preferred choice in this survey, linked below. This will help us to determine the best option for greatest number of families to enjoy the event.
Please complete the survey by midnight, Tuesday, February 6th. Find it here
Tonight’s the deadline to get your orders in for this Thursday’s (Feb 1) pizza lunch!
Save the date! Saturday, February 24 is our annual Parents’ Night Out at Remarks on Coxwell. Funds raised go towards to the Grade 5 graduating class’s spring trip. Friends who aren’t McGregor parents are welcome too!
A reminder that our next PSC meeting is this Wednesday, January 17 at 7 p.m. in the library. Child care is provided.
[Edited to add the agenda!]
7:00 – 7:10: Welcome
Approval of Agenda
Approval of last meeting’s minutes
7:10 – 7:20: Vote on School Statement of Needs
7:20 – 7:45: Principal’s Update
7:45 – 8:00: Teacher’s Update
8:00 – 8:30: – Follow up on supply teacher availability
– Discussion of Health Room purpose and usage
– Discussion of refrigerator/freezer replacement
– Update on parent development speaker series
– Maker Fest discussion
8:30 – 8:40: PIAC update
8:40 – 8:50: Parent Night committee update
8:50- 9:00: Movie Night committee update
9:00- 9:10: New Business
It’s time for pizza lunch sign up for the rest of the school year, January to June (This is a new block of dates).
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST SIGN UP @ www.munchalunch.com FOR YOUR CHILD TO GET PIZZA LUNCH.
Due to popular demand we will be bringing back pizza lunch 2 times per month.
Here are the dates…
A few important notes:
1) All orders must be added via munchalunch. The system is set up to allow you to order 1 time per child for all the dates. After you press submit, before you pay, you will have an opportunity to uncheck dates that you don’t want pizza lunch. ie, when you order it will first sign you up for all 11 lunches (this saves a lot of time) after you click continue the system will allow you to uncheck the dates you don’t want.
2) Pizza lunch is run by parent volunteers and all the money raised goes back to the school. We can not run these days without enough volunteers. On Munchalunch, after you submit your orders there is a link where you can sign up to VOLUNTEER for one of the lunches. Please consider helping out on a day or two, if possible.
3) All pizza lunch orders must be submitted by midnight the Monday prior to pizza lunch day. For the first pizza lunch of this New Year orders must be in by Monday January 15th!
4) Your pizza lunch leads are happy to help if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (note the .ca)
Happy New Year from your Pizza Lunch Crew,
Tamara, Sandy and Shaindy