A message from our Movie Night Committee:
Movie Nights at R.H. McGregor have been a longstanding tradition and a wonderful way to bring the community together to raise funds for our school.
In order to ensure the safety of the children both at the movie and during the dismissal process, we are making some changes to the event to ensure everyone’s enjoyment and well-being. Specifically, all children will now need to be accompanied by a parent (or assigned caregiver) for the duration of the movie. Depending on the timing the community selects, this may include YMCA childcare providers.
With this change in mind, we want to provide the parent community with two options for hosting the upcoming movie night on Friday, March 2nd. Please indicate your preferred choice in this survey, linked below. This will help us to determine the best option for greatest number of families to enjoy the event.
Please complete the survey by midnight, Tuesday, February 6th. Find it here
Tonight’s the deadline to get your orders in for this Thursday’s (Feb 1) pizza lunch!
Save the date! Saturday, February 24 is our annual Parents’ Night Out at Remarks on Coxwell. Funds raised go towards to the Grade 5 graduating class’s spring trip. Friends who aren’t McGregor parents are welcome too!
A reminder that our next PSC meeting is this Wednesday, January 17 at 7 p.m. in the library. Child care is provided.
[Edited to add the agenda!]
7:00 – 7:10: Welcome
Approval of Agenda
Approval of last meeting’s minutes
7:10 – 7:20: Vote on School Statement of Needs
7:20 – 7:45: Principal’s Update
7:45 – 8:00: Teacher’s Update
8:00 – 8:30: – Follow up on supply teacher availability
– Discussion of Health Room purpose and usage
– Discussion of refrigerator/freezer replacement
– Update on parent development speaker series
– Maker Fest discussion
8:30 – 8:40: PIAC update
8:40 – 8:50: Parent Night committee update
8:50- 9:00: Movie Night committee update
9:00- 9:10: New Business
It’s time for pizza lunch sign up for the rest of the school year, January to June (This is a new block of dates).
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST SIGN UP @ www.munchalunch.com FOR YOUR CHILD TO GET PIZZA LUNCH.
Due to popular demand we will be bringing back pizza lunch 2 times per month.
Here are the dates…
A few important notes:
1) All orders must be added via munchalunch. The system is set up to allow you to order 1 time per child for all the dates. After you press submit, before you pay, you will have an opportunity to uncheck dates that you don’t want pizza lunch. ie, when you order it will first sign you up for all 11 lunches (this saves a lot of time) after you click continue the system will allow you to uncheck the dates you don’t want.
2) Pizza lunch is run by parent volunteers and all the money raised goes back to the school. We can not run these days without enough volunteers. On Munchalunch, after you submit your orders there is a link where you can sign up to VOLUNTEER for one of the lunches. Please consider helping out on a day or two, if possible.
3) All pizza lunch orders must be submitted by midnight the Monday prior to pizza lunch day. For the first pizza lunch of this New Year orders must be in by Monday January 15th!
4) Your pizza lunch leads are happy to help if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Please email email@example.com. (note the .ca)
Happy New Year from your Pizza Lunch Crew,
Tamara, Sandy and Shaindy
…just a reminder that tomorrow’s Pizza Lunch is also a food drive! Volunteers will collect any non-perishable food items your kids bring to the lunchroom. You don’t have to be eating pizza to take part.
And, bonus, tomorrow you can outsource your after-school snack as well: the Grade 5 Fundraising Committee has a few more holiday cookies to sell! Look for them tomorrow outside Chalet 1–cookies are $2 (and they’re pretty big).
Our last pizza lunch of the calendar year –Thursday, December 21–will also be a food drive! Just send a non-perishable food item donation in your child’s lunch bag, and volunteers will collect them at lunchtime for the Flemingdon Community Food Bank. And it’s not just for pizza-lunchers–all are welcome to participate!
A reminder that Munchalunch ticket and snack preorders for Friday’s showing of Captain Underpants are due in today by 9 p.m. Tickets will be available at the door, but we can’t guarantee we’ll have enough extra drinks and snacks to feed everyone who doesn’t preorder. Hope to see you there!
Did you know that McGregor has an ongoing fundraising program that’s simple, doesn’t require extra volunteer hours, and doesn’t mean taking time off work or out of your busy weekend? Schools and other groups across Canada have each raised tens of thousands of dollars through it.
Fundscrip is a gift-card based fundraiser with a list of 240 participating major retailers of goods, groceries, and gas: the Gap, Home Depot, Staples, Amazon.ca, Esso, Indigo…you can browse it here. How it works: You buy a gift card for, say, $100 through Fundscrip. You get the FULL VALUE of that card–you don’t lose any money at all. It functions the same way any other gift card would. The retailer donates anywhere from 2-8% of the card’s value to R.H. McGregor.
Gift cards make great gifts, of course.
But we’d reach a whole new level of fundraising if parents (and maybe even extended family members) built Fundscrip into their everyday shopping habits. Your daily latte, or your weekly groceries, or your kitchen reno could help fund your child’s classroom at no cost to you.
Place your order online, the cards will arrive in the mail, and you can just slip them into your wallet for the next trip to the gas station or the grocery store. Or even easier, buy instant virtual cards to use in online ordering.
To get started:
- Go to fundscrip.com and click ‘Support a Group’ in the top right corner
- Enter the invitation code: REDEWX along with your name, email address, postal code and phone number
- That’s it! Buy your cards!
If you make a habit of using Fundscrip for household (or small business) purchases, together we can generate a surprising amount of revenue for the school. Our school uses fundraising money for major purchases like Chromebooks and other in-class technology, musical instruments, and a wide range of other classroom materials and experiences. Give it a try and help make your child’s school the best it can be!