Mini Makers Day Schedule – April 29th
General Admission – $10. Breakout Workshops – $5-$15. (Advanced purchase is required for breakout workshops)
Tickets on munchalunch.com.
See below for details of the workshop
General Admission – $10
Access to activities happening in the gym from 11:00 – 2:00. These include:
- Makey Makey Games – Rhys Mendez and Radi Hilaneh use the Makey Makey interface to re-invent the keyboard. Use everyday objects to create controllers, make your own pencil drawing into a joystick, watch as they turn a full set of stairs into a piano!
- Star Wars theme coding games – Drop in and try your luck at games that teach you to code, from our after school program provider HATCH!
- Check out the FIRST LEGO League robotics clubs – Demonstration table of our McGregor Robotigers First Lego League team
- Toronto Public Library Innovation Demonstration – Talk to an Innovation Intern about what is available at the Public Library! See a 3D printer, Makey Makey, and Snap Circuits in action.
- Rube Goldberg Machines – Try your hand at creating simple machines that interact with each other to send a marble on its way….too a surprise!
- Spinner/Recycling Game – City staff will be on hand to talk about recycling and to show off the new green bins.
- Open LEGO – Loose LEGO for the little ones
- Repair Cafe – Sew Table – Repair Cafe is bringing its sewing machines to fix what needs fixin’!
- Repair Cafe – Take Apart Table – The Repair Cafe wants you to explore everyday machines. See how things work by taking things apart!
- T-shirt Transformation – Use a donated t-shirt to create no-sew bags and capes, adorn with fabric pens. Presented by: Grade 4 and Unit 266th Girl Guides
- T-Shirt Printing Station – Make your own t-shirt on a hot press. $10/shirt if new
- Cardboard Creative Centre: Masks & Spacepod – Use recycled cardboard to create fun masks and blast off into space – or be the alien landing on earth!
- Bike Repair – Need a simple tune up for the spring? Check out this parent-led bike clinic. Bike stand provided by Cyclepath
- Indigenous bead and deerhide craft – Make a zipper pull or pin from deerhide and beads and learn how the bead colors represent Indigenous ideas about the world. Presented by Jennie Towne, TDSB Native Education Centre – East
- Student Scratch Showcase – 5th grade students show off the Scratch programs they have created in class
- Pre-order a Pizza Pi lunch
Breakout Workshops (separate ticket required):
11:30 – 12:30 Wee Weaving (all ages – $5)
Using everyday materials, learn to craft your own frame and then weave colorful and unique piece of art to take home. Presented by parents!
11:30 -1:00 Logics Academy – Dash & Dot ‘Ins and Outs’ Workshop(GR 1-2, $10):
Dash & Dot return in a new workshop! Recommended for Grade 1: Using entry-level robots Dash & Dot, Logics Academy will ignite the kids’ imaginations with this 90 minute interactive workshop. Control Dash & Dot to move, light up, make sounds, and interact with each other. Parent participation is welcome. Maximum 30 participants.
Offered by http://logicsacademy.com/
11:30 -1:00 Logics Academy – Talkbot Workshop(GR 4-5, $15):
NEW! Build a robot that records and reacts to sound – participants take away the robot Maximum 30 participants.
Offered by http://logicsacademy.com/
11:00 – 12:00 TorLug – LEGO Mini Builder Level 1: LEGO for Little Ones (Grades JK-1, $5)
Back again this year! Join the Toronto LEGO User Group (TorLUG) for a whirlwind hour of LEGO! Level 1 is designed for Little Ones in grades JK-1. Learn more about the history of the little bricks, take on a building challenge, and share your creation. Participants will get a close up view of unique TorLUG creations they bring along. Limited to 25 participants. Parents welcome.
12:00 – 1:00 TorLug – LEGO Mini Builder Level 2: Building Mastery (Grades 1-3, $5)
1:00 – 2:00 TorLug – LEGO Mini Builder Level 3: Ultimate Challenge (Grades 3-5, $5):
Level 3 is designed to challenge the experienced LEGO creator and is focused on grades 3-5. Learn more about the history of the little bricks, take on a building challenge, and share your creation. Participants will get a close up view of unique TorLUG creations they bring along. Limited to 25 participants.Parents welcome.
All of our lego workshops are offered by: http://torolug.com/
11:00 – 12:00 or 1:00 – 2:00 Little Robot Friends – Creature Creation (GR 3–5, $5):
11:30-12:30 Toronto Tool Library Kids – Spin Art Machines (Grades 2-5, $5)
Build a machine from scratch that let’s you create your own spin art! The Toronto Tool Library Kids team will walk you through the process and let you take home the results.
Offered by: http://torontotoollibrary.com/