Just a few more days before our next movie night. It’s this Friday, February 24th @ 3:30pm
Get your tickets by Thursday night @ 8p online on www.munchalunch.com
You can purchase tickets, popcorn and pizza on munchalunch.com or line up at the door to get them on Friday.
Also, if you can volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need volunteers to:
- pop corn during the day
- serve pizza, popcorn and drinks during the movie
- take tickets
- general cleanup after the event
We now have 2 great options for clothing labels to keep track of your kids clothes & gear. With the winter season well upon us, you have undoubtedly made multiple trips to the lost and found in search of a lost mitten, hats, jackets and other items. Help get these items back by labeling all of your kids clothing and items.
We have 2 partners which will give back 20% of the proceeds to our parent and school council. Don’t forget to use the links below to order your clothing labels and help out our school
Mabel’s Labels: http://mabelslabels.com/support-a-fundraiser
Use the drop down menu to select R.H. McGregor Public School
Lovable Labels: http://www.rhm.lovablelabels.ca/
On Wed, Jan 25th, the Finance and Fundraising Committees of the Parent and School Council (PSC) will be meeting in the school library at 7pm. The meeting continues discussions with teacher representatives regarding the fundraising plan and budget for this school year. As with all PSC meetings, this meeting is public and open to all members of the school community (parents, guardians, community members, school teachers and staff etc). Childcare will be provided. As always, should you have any questions or input for your school council, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you.
- Pizza lunch is this Thursday January 26th. Order your pizza TODAY if you have not already done so. www.munchalunch.com
- Our next Ward Council will be Thursday January 26, 2017 at Morse Street Junior Public School from 7 – 9pm. As always, we will include a themed topic along with our regularly scheduled business. This month’s topic is French Language Learning in the TDSB, and we will have Mary Cruden as our guest speaker. Mary is from Canadian Parents for French Ontario, and we will have time for discussion after her presentation.
Parent conference Setup – We are looking for a few parents to help setup and sign parents in the morning of the conference. You would be needed for approximately an hour before the conference starts and if you are already attending the event, this is a great quick volunteering stint. If interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Appreciation Night. Each year, the parent and school council serves a dinner to the teachers at our school as a partial thank you for all their hard work during the year. These year’s dinner will be Thursday, February 16th and we are looking for a 4 volunteers.
We need 2 people for setting up the room from approximately 4:00-6:00 at night. This includes setting up the room, getting the buffet set up and making everything pretty.
We also need 2 people from 7-9pm which will be breaking down, light washing and getting rentals back to the car.
If you can help out with this event, please contact email@example.com
Our next Ward Council will be Thursday January 26, 2017 at Morse Street Junior Public School from 7 – 9pm. As always, we will include a themed topic along with our regularly scheduled business. This month’s topic is French Language Learning in the TDSB, and we will have Mary Cruden as our guest speaker. Mary is from Canadian Parents for French Ontario, and we will have time for discussion after her presentation. I’ve attached the agenda here.
- The PSC is having a general meeting Tuesday, January 17th at 7:00pm in the library. Childcare is provided. A draft agenda is here: untitleddocument
2. Get your Pizza orders in
Muncha Lunch is now open for our pizza lunch on January 26th and the remainder of the winter term. Make sure your pizza is ordered by Monday, January 23rd to ensure your child receives pizza. We also have some great news! Tamara Shannon has taken on the role of pizza coordinator and we will now be able to have pizza lunch every 2 weeks rather than monthly. Thank you Tamara for taking on this role and help keep our biggest fundraiser going.
3. Register for our free parenting conference.
On February 4th, Join Debbie Gordon, Director of the kidsmediacentre at Centennial College, as we look at emerging trends in social media, 21st century critical literacy skills and the digital games & platforms that can ensure kids’ are digitally savvy. Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/parenting-in-the-digital-age-tickets-30496667353 Space is limited.
Full details are here:
4. Extra Clothes: As the weather is constantly changing and our field is sometimes wet and slushy, please send an extra pair of socks to school, and also please ensure that your child has appropriate clothes for both in class and at recess, including snow pants and indoor shoes. Thanks!
5. PA Day: Friday December 20th is a PA Day. Make sure you have a camp or fun day planned for this Friday!
Here are the upcoming pizza date lunches. Muncha-Lunch will be open this Friday for ordering
- January 26th
- February 23rd
- March 23rd
Note that during the winter term, we will only be having pizza lunch once a month due to our inability to find a pizza coordinator. If anybody can take this volunteer position on, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our pizza lunch is our school’s biggest fundraiser of the year and we need DESPERATELY a pizza lunch coordinator to keep it going. If you think you are interested please email email@example.com. Below is a description of the opportunity.
Pizza Lunch Coordinating Description
For each Pizza Lunch there is about 3 hours of coordination that needs to be done in advance over Tuesday and Wednesday.
1. On the Tuesday contact Karen and Gloria in the office and ask if there are any field trips on Thursday, that way you can plan to order less pizza.
2. Go on to the Munchalunch system and obtain the reports. You will need the student report, the item report, this is how you figure out how much pizza you need at each lunch this takes about 20 minutes to figure out. Then you can call Pizza Pizza catering and place the orders for 11:15 and 12:05. You also order the milk on Tuesday and it arrives all at once Thursday morning.
3. Send Karen G in the office the Student report to print and ask her to make 2 copies, she will leave them in the PSC mail slot, you will need to go in and distribute to the teacher mailboxes, this takes about 10 minutes. Give Karen the other copy for her to give to the lunch room staff.
4. Make sure you know the amounts of the cheques for Pizza Pizza and Mr. Dairy and contact Karen O’Brien to have the cheques prepared and left in the office.
5. On Tuesday or Wednesday go into the school and check out the supplies in the kitchen. Call Karen O’Brien if anything is needed. At that time drop off the extra paperwork in the kitchen.
6. Email the day of supervisor and Karen O’Brien and confirm that the pizza and milk are ordered.
Then go drink some whiskey because you deserve it.
Last call for Gingerbread Decorating!
This is your chance to decorate a gingerbread house or people (or both!) without the mess in your own house! Join other RH McGregor families in the gym on Friday December 16 from 3:30-6:00 and decorate gingerbread houses for a good cause, the Flemmingdon Food shelter. Hot Chocolate and Cider will be available at no extra cost to complete the festivities. Please consider bringing a non-perishable food item as well.
So that the correct amount are available, please purchase gingerbread houses and people on munchalunch.com by 9 am Friday, December 16.
Have some time and want to help out? We are still looking for a few parent volunteers. Please contact our volunteer coordinator Ashley directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday concert tips from Parents
The Winter Concert is Thursday Dec 15th at 7 pm in the gym. It’s a busy and wonderful night. To help you plan the night, we have some tips to share from fellow parents who have attended before.
- Note that not all classes perform in the winter concert. If you child is not performing in this concert, their class will perform in the Spring Concert.
- While, you are certainly welcome to attend both, please note that it is a very very full room (usually with some portion of the audience standing at the back).
- It can also get hot in the gym so consider layers!
- Please follow class room drop off/pick up times as provided by your teacher/choir/band instructor.
- Everyone has come to enjoy seeing their kids perform so please keep that in mind and refrain from standing or blocking the view with a recording device (IPADs etc).
- The Me2We club is doing a food drive so consider bringing a non-perishable food item.